Leaves Changing, College Game Days, Sweaters, Boots, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Bonfires, and Haunted Houses! Autumn is the time of year when the weather is just right and the holiday festivities are just getting started.
So how do you celebrate the month of October? Need some inspiration on how to make this month all it is cracked up to be? Check out our list of activities to try out in October!
- Carve or Paint a Pumpkin! - Grab a group of friends, take a break from schoolwork, and get creative! Download free printable templates from online.
- Find a local Apple Orchard – Put on your boots and head out to pick apples! Fresh apples make the best homemade desserts, like these Pumpkin Apple Muffins!
- Decorate your Doors and Patios - Share you Halloween spirit with your neighbors by decorating your front door. If you want to get more value for your money, buy things that will last for future Halloweens.
- Dress Up For Halloween - No matter what you choose to be for Halloween, it will be better than not dressing up! Whether you want to be a one person show, or you want to do group costumes, your choices are unlimited.
- Watch Halloween Movies - Make a list of the Halloween movies you want to watch each night of October, or search your streaming device for Halloween related movies and add them to your watch list.
- Make a Halloween Playlist - From soundtracks of your favorite Halloween flicks to modern music, there is so much to choose from when it comes to a festive mix. Songs you must include are the Monster Mash, Thriller, Ghostbusters, The Addams Family theme song, and This is Halloween!
- Host or Attend a Costume Party - Seeing what people look like dressed up can be the best part of Halloween!
- Do Something Thrilling - Go to Halloween Horror Nights, a local Haunted House, Haunted Hayride, or even a Ghost Tour.
- Buy Fall Candles and/or Air Scents - Make your room, entire apartment, or car smell like the season itself!
- Make Holiday Treats – Pumpkin flavored everything! Try out some holiday favorites like Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars or caramel apples.