First held in 1970, Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22nd to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Now coordinated by the Earth Day Network, events are held annually in more than 193 countries! Below you will find some ideas to inspire your own Earth Day celebrations.
How YOU Can Make an Impact
- Plant Wildflowers – Bring nature into your life with plants that attract bees
- Turn Off Lights – Save energy and extend the life of your bulbs
- Recycle at Home – Set up a conveniently located container for recyclables in your apartment
- Run Full Cycles – Fill up your washer and dishwasher completely before running
- Reusable Grocery Bags – Decrease usage of disposal plastic bags that can cause pollution